Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Its not just this side of the pond...

I had words with my estate agent in London today. He mailed to advise that the Saturday viewing went the way of the last, without incident, and suggested I lower the price further as he feels it is unrealistic without a garden.

I felt the need to point out to him that it was his suggested price, not mine on both occasions it was offered and that him being the agent with a wealth of experience and knowledge should have offered better advice!!!

I also felt the need to point out that the said 20 clients he had waiting in the wings at our first meeting seem to have all but disappeared and that although I fully understand the need for a certain amount of fluff sprouted in order to win new business, there is a distinct feeling of being loosely led up the garden path!!!

His response was not only facetious but down right rude, to that end I have given notice to terminate on my return, advising that we have a contract until May 19th and as such should see what can be achieved in that time. His second response was somewhat contrite, telling me he only had my best interest at heart.

I am surrounded by Charlatans...what I neglected to mention was that I had my sister call a few days ago enquiring about the property and she was told she could see it, but he had other properties in the area that he could show her...so much for my interest and his heart!!!