Friday, April 30, 2010

On the procurement of a husband...

I have done my best to date...been out more times in the last few weeks than I have in the past year...hung out at the Yacht Club, where the men are either too old or far too old...been to many bars and even went to a 50th last night, where I appeared to be a hit with two brothers, one of which had the opening line of "I'm not usually attracted to big ladies, but there is something very special about you"...not sure whether I was flattered or offended...he went on to tell me an abridged version of his life, including his financial status and ended by wondering whether I was free and disengaged.

A respectable amount of time later, the other approached and started up a tentative conversation, he was not as entertaining as his brother, but he did ask how much longer I would be in Grenada as he would be back in London in a few weeks (does six month on each island) and that I should look out for him, apparently their mother lives in Penge, which is but a stone's throw away from me...I smiled at that...like London is that small...although, knowing my luck...it probably is.

Thirds the charm...did get to chatting to another guy (totally unrelated), who was from...wait for it...Forest Hill...yet another stone's throw away, he's currently residing in Trinidad...made me wonder if South London was suddenly empty!!!

Alas...there were no prospects at the fairground...the fact that all the men were at least a hand shorter than me, did compound matters further...the big I can do something about...but the height???