Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The Culinary Terrorist...

She'll probably balk at this, but the above-mentioned title goes some (and only some) way to describe my host. Nikki has won this accolade hands down with combinations such as scrambled eggs with sardines, fried fish and pesto pasta, not to mention her suggestion of the day, curry beef with macaroni cheese...the woman is unbalanced...my abused pallet cries out for mercy!!!

Taking pity on my hosts, their children (who don't actually seem to mind...my condolences to all future spouses) and my persecuted taste buds, I decided to take over culinary duties for a time. Starting off simply with a dish of chicken wings with guava and jerk, I had in mind an accompaniment of fried potatoes and sweet corn, however, Nikki suggested that we have both potatoes AND pasta, I didn't dear ask whether that would be mixed together.

My second dish, stewed chicken with aubergines, an accompaniment of rice and plantain. For the children I made cheesy pasta with frankfurters. Nikki somehow managed to mix all of the above on her plate and enjoy it...Mmm. On to my next dish, which will be ochra and rice, with salt meat and saltfish, this should go down a treat...its as she likes...everything mixed together!!!